Cansford Laboratories is a state-of-the-art Hair and Oral Fluid Drug and Alcohol Testing Lab based in the UK. Our team pioneered hair testing 25 years ago and today offer a modern, fast, class-leading service. At Cansford we are proud of the wealth, knowledge, commitment and passion that we hold and feel that this should be part of every employee of Cansford Laboratories.
We are looking for a time served Reporting Scientist with superior communication skills and a great work ethic to join our team. You will be primarily responsible for creating Expert Reports and Certificates of Analysis to support our valued clients.
As a Reporting Scientist your role will be varied and you will be proficient in a laboratory environment, well versed in receiving, logging and preparing samples received for processing by the Lab team, along with maintaining the instruments and preparing samples for analysis. Working alongside our Admin team, you will provide associated administrative support.
You will have experience of attending court and or be court trained. You will be a competent individual with a good eye for detail and familiar with the requirements of the ISO 17025 Standard Quality system.
· All samples received are logged into the system in a timely and accurate manner.
· The preparation of the samples is conducted according to current methods and are ready for analysis promptly.
· Quotations, collections and invoices for work being carried out for clients are dealt with efficiently.
· Consumables are purchased in a cost-effective manner.
· You carry out any administrative duties as far as is reasonable and commensurate with the role of Reporting Scientist.
· You perform routine/preventative maintenance on the instruments and equipment.
· You liaise with LCMS/MS Engineer to provide best possible knowledge of the instruments, report breakdowns and arrange repairs.
· You complete maintenance logs as requested.
· You assist in the calibration of equipment.
· SPE and spike samples are prepared in accordance with the Lab SOP’s
· You develop a clear understanding of all aspects of the analytical role and the customer service element to the role to ensure high quality delivery.
· You are competent and confident with presenting your findings during court proceedings as required.
· Reports are prepared and made ready to our high-quality standards and timescales of delivery and in accordance with our SOP’s and Quality standards
· You Issue Certificates of Analysis appropriately
· You invest in research for personal and professional betterment with regards to innovation and developments in hair drug and alcohol testing.
· You are responsible for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
· You maintain accountability for keeping training records up to date.
Qualified to degree level or equivalent, you will be able to demonstrate excellent literacy skills and be familiar with Quality systems. Computer literate, you will be competent in delivering presentations and public speaking. A team player, happy in a forward-looking dynamic workplace, you will have a high attention to detail and dedication to being organised and methodical. Self-motivated and focused, you will be committed to Cansford and provide support to the team to continue to achieve our market leading turn around timescales.
In return we will offer you an excellent rate of pay and 25 days (plus Bank Holidays) annual leave. There will be a probationary period of up to 6 months. You will be expected to make yourself available for work between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm for a 35-hour week.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person who is striving for progression and is willing to invest through their drive and determination to strengthening our high striving company.
Please send your CV and a covering letter for the attention of HR at Cansford email@example.com
If successful, you will be contacted to attend an interview within the coming month. This maybe via zoom or teams or in person depending on the current restrictions at the time in place.
The closing date for this role is Friday 5th February 2021
Informal enquiries to Kim Bagley – Managing Director
No agency enquiries please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on Experience. (Starting from £24,000)
Subscribe to Email Updates
Posts by Topic
- Workplace Drug Testing
- Hair drug testing
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Family Court
- Drug testing
- Cansford Laboratories
- Drug test results
- Alcohol testing
- In the press...
- hair strand drug testing
- Hair Collection
- Did you know?
- Laboratory accreditation
- Chain of Custody
- Drug and DNA testing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New psychoactive substances
- Steroid Testing
- drug testing in sport
- Drug test costs
- ethics of hair testing
- Expert witness
- Oral fluid testing
- Scientific Presentations
- social workers
- vulnerable children